I'm on a roll with my Hero Arts flowers on gatefold cards.
This time I'm using the Antique Rose Stem, and changed up the size of the panels. Decided to put the panel across the bottom on a diagonal to add interest. I have put together a page with all the measurements. If you want a copy then email me.
A close-up of the embossed panel and the dimension of the gatefold.
I have the coloured and cut flowers I made a few days ago that need to be put on cards.
I used the pink and purple Fleurette on this card. Going with the pale blue one this time with another gatefold card.
You don't need the two fronts to be the same size, I just moved the measurements. I also made the gap smaller so that I could have the flower in a vertical layout. I used a die cut to emboss the 2 fronts and the back panel.
When I came to do my card, I remembered the colours were grey, blue and orange, and went with a floral card. But when I went back to look at the inspiration photo, I thought I should have gone with something more in a clean graphic theme. So I have also made a masculine version.
I started with grey cardstock, and stamped Pinkfresh Studio Dainty Botanicals in grey and blue. Then I moved back to white cardstock and I stamped flowers from The Stamp Market Botanicals stamp set, and tiny flowers from Concord & 9th "Love you. Mean it." stamp set, in grey ink and coloured with copics. The solid leaves were partially inked and spritzed with water.
For the more masculine version, stamped up the stripes using Impression Obsession Thick Stripes in grey and trimmed. I stamped the triangle pattern from Ellen Hutson Wonky Backgrounds in blue. Stamped the "wheels" in SSS Apricot, and cut out. Popped everything up on foam.
I was watching tennis so didn't mind fussy cutting them.
I knew I wanted to use at least one of them for a bridge gatefold card. Although a number of people have made these 3D cards, it was Jennifer McGuire's blog post this week that spurred me to try one. The flower on it's own would have been quite fragile so I decided to use a heart as a frame to help support it. Here it is standing open.
This is what it looks like when folded flat to go in the envelope.
I'm trying to use up the bits left over from a card on a new card asap ... instead of it collecting in my bits and pieces boxes! Yes ... Boxes!
So I had leftover cut out pieces from THIS card, and wanted to use them up. As there were just a few, I went with a smaller area and framed it with added texture using the Dynamic Ruffled embossing folder.
When creating black and white cards the first thought I had was "contrast" - not only black and white, but also outline and solid. The Altenew Wallpaper Art Stamp was the first that came to mind. Love the mix of solid and outline leaves.
As I was entering a one layer challenge, I had to paint the black at the bottom. I had no Copic Black, so tried with the Bold Pitt Artist Pen, but it was not black enough. So I then used some Memento Black refill ink ... put a few drops on my craft sheet and painted with it.
The "fabulous" was not straight, so I had to stamp a banner! Thought it would look odd on a one layer card, so trimmed the panel and mounted it on another card.
Version 3 : I started again and got the sentiment straight, but stamped an extra flower and popped it up on foam.