Monday 24 June 2019

Sympathy Bridge Gatefold Card

I've been Copic colouring some of my favourite Hero Arts flowers ... Antique Rose Stem, Fleurettes and Hydrangea ... for the The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring Challenge.

I was watching tennis so didn't mind fussy cutting them.


I knew I wanted to use at least one of them for a bridge gatefold card. Although a number of people have made these 3D cards, it was Jennifer McGuire's blog post this week that spurred me to try one.

The flower on it's own would have been quite fragile so I decided to use a heart as a frame to help support it.

Here it is standing open.



This is what it looks like when folded flat to go in the envelope.



Here's a close-up of the wonderful dimension.




My entry for ...


... Freshly Made Sketches #393 - I rotated the sketch.


6 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, Janet - looks like a winner to me - thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at A Blog Named Hero! and you've inspired me to give that bridge card a go!! Betty - FB ABNH Design team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I looked at Jennifer's video, too and I love what you created from her idea! She always inspires!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card and a clever design.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, the design is just wonderful! Thank you for playing along in the A Blog Named Hero June Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails