Thursday 20 June 2019

Black and White Contrast

When creating black and white cards the first thought I had was "contrast" - not only black and white, but also outline and solid. The Altenew Wallpaper Art Stamp was the first that came to mind. Love the mix of solid and outline leaves.

As I was entering a one layer challenge, I had to paint the black at the bottom.  I had no Copic Black, so tried with the Bold Pitt Artist Pen, but it was not black enough. So I then used some Memento Black refill ink ... put a few drops on my craft sheet and painted with it.


The "fabulous" was not straight, so I had to stamp a banner! Thought it would look odd on a one layer card, so trimmed the panel and mounted it on another card.


Version 3 : I started again and got the sentiment straight, but stamped an extra flower and popped it up on foam.


My entry for ...




8 comments:

  1. love how you used this wonderful stamp set, Janet - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a striking card! I have always found that getting things straight on a card was the most challenging part in making cards! And even when I thought it was straight, after scanning the card, I could clearly see something was amiss...sigh. I console myself with knowing it's handmade and not meant to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Some days are like that, I mean you just have to work a little harder to get things right (at least this applies to me anyway) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to reach for your refill ink. verybold statement card andnicely CAS. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the refill ink. Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks absolutely stunning, such a brilliant contrast you've achieved with your refill ink. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful contrast indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your process to success! :D Loved your "save" and really like the end result!♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails