Friday, 26 August 2016

Fabulous Day

I've got to use more of my stash ... I've so many stamps and dies that have not been out to play! 

After die cutting, I masked off the top and stamped the Impression Obsession Thin Stripes background. (Just remember to put a piece of paper inside to protect the inside of the card - ask me how I know!) I love how this turned out ... and it's exactly for this kind of effect that I wanted those stripes.

Entering to ...

... Colour Throwdown #407 .... just my colours!

Thursday, 25 August 2016

Heavenly Colours

Sunrises, sunsets, and pretty skies are just a delight to me. I feel as though I've been given a special painting as a gift for the day. 

So I was happy to see Marilyn's inspiration at the Muse Challenge this week.  I was inspired by her :
  • silhouette in both white and black; 
  • white embossed sentiment and 
  • blended background 
This is my special "rainbow" sky, using Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord. I added Perfect Pearls white on top to give a lovely shimmer. I was inspired by the colours on the AAA Cards : Blended Challenge.

Entering the Addicted to CAS : Silhouette Challenge too.

I thought the Dusty Concord a bit too dark, so the next one was made (by Christine) with Shaded Lilac instead.

Monday, 22 August 2016

Just dreamy

Sneaking in before the deadline... for the CAS-ology Challenge : Dream

Decided that it needed some dream sparkles ... added Diamond Stickles to stars and wings.

Christine's Dreamcatcher

My friend, Christine, has made a wonderful set of dreamcatcher cards with the WPlus9 dreamcatcher dies. Some Distress Inks with the added touch of embossing, and some sequins to finish it off.  Unfortunately I only have taken a picture of the one card. Wish I could have showed you the other colour combinations. Such beauties.

I'll enter this on her behalf to the CAS-logy Challenge #211 : Dream.

Thursday, 4 August 2016

Colouring Flowers

Inspired by Stamping Mathilda's card, this is my entry for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge : Fabulous Florals and a2z Scrapbooking Challenge : Color In!


Been back from my trip for a week now ... how time flies.

First the graduation of my daughter, Annabelle, from Exeter University. 

So proud of her!

A couple of days enjoying English towns ... sweet Wells Village, Bath and Chagford. Then off to Portugal for a celebratory holiday. Loved the blue skies (EVERY SINGLE DAY !), the blue tiles (especially in Porto), fairytale Sintra, amazing Douro Valley .... and special time with the family.

Getting back into things .... what with a lot going on in the house on our return ... painting the entire inside of house, water pipes blocking and flooding the laundry (more than a couple of time), plumbers, ... so time for some ink and paper again!

I could not resist the CAS-ology water-colour challenge, paired with Addicted to Stamps challenge and Inspiration photo.

Saturday, 9 July 2016

Sunny Colours

So much happening at the moment that I'm not getting to make many cards for challenges. But I got out my new WPlus9 You = Kind set to play to a little bit.

Used the happy sunshine colours of orange to yellow. 

I will enter this to the :

... Muse Challenge - I was inspired by Anita's grading of orange to yellow, and flowers.

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine"
                                                                 Anthony J. D'Angelo 

Friday, 17 June 2016

A simply marvellous stamp

When the Hero Arts Large Flower background stamp came out quite a while back, I didn't think I wanted it as it was too much colouring for me. But how times have changed! I think it is an incredibly versatile stamp and you can get so many different looks to the end result. 

Firstly, one doesn't have to colour in everything ... and by embossing white on white, the dotted background becomes a subtle texture. I painted this with Distress inks.

Fabulous day

Secondly, one doesn't have to use the whole stamp ... and you can add emphasis by partially detail cutting. Embossed white on kraft and coloured with Prismacolor pencils. 


I can see many more cards on the horizon. 

Since I have used 2 colouring techniques I will enter Virginia's View Challenge : All about Colours.

Thursday, 16 June 2016

Distress Resist Layers

It's been a while since I did some distress resist, but Anita gave us wonderful inspiration at Muse Challenge this week.

I have gone with her technique, but changed the colours. 
Stamping and embossing clear each time, I went in order ... on the white, then Squeezed Lemonade, then Tumbled Glass (which gave the light green when added to the yellow), followed by Salty Ocean and ending with Blueprint Sketch.
I kept a rectangle panel, but made it smaller to give a lighter feel, and used the outline stamps for the background.

Distress Resist 1

Here is Anita's card

I had a tiny frame left over, plus another rectangle, so made another one

I'll enter this to Virginia's View Challenge #22 : All about colours as it fits the colour layering criteria.

Saturday, 11 June 2016

My Sunshine

I have always called my eldest, my "Sunshine". And she certainly has brought the sunshine into our lives. So the CASology Challenge : Sunshine is close to my heart.

She is living on an island over 6000kms away from ours, so I love to send her cards, and this theme is perfect for her.

Mixing up some of my many sunshine stamps from Hero Arts, Simon Says Stamp and WPlus9.

Related Posts with Thumbnails