I'm back in my studio after a wonderful trip to the Amalfi Coast, then on to Exeter and my son's graduation. If you ever get to the Amalfi Coast, then the Path of the Gods with Sorrento Hiking is a not to be missed experience! Simply heavenly adventure.
But back to stamping ...
Using my brand new Lawn Fawn Just Stitching Double Rectangles. I thought I would used them all connected before separating them.
It's been a while since I used the rotating technique. I had done it with a stencil which I cut with my Silhouette (see HERE), but I'm using the Gina K Mini Wreath Builder for this one. After creating the wreath I fussy cut the outer edge an die cut a circle inside so I could pop it up.
We have a lovely challenge at CASology with the cue word of SHIMMER. It is a 3 week "summer" challenge which gives you plenty time to join in.
I started with embossing the grid stamp with Enchanted Gold embossing powder. It has such a lovely shimmer. I stamped the shell, coloured with Copics, used a Versamark pen to cover it all, then painted with Perfect Pearls. Gives it a lovely nacre look.
Here you can see the nacre look close up.
Come and check on the creations of the design team and be inspired. Looking forward to seeing your take on the cue word.
I have never done this before, so it was a an experiment for me. I made 2 backgrounds. The first dropped the ink (dark blue, blue and green) directly from the bottle onto Yupo paper, added blending solution and blew with a straw. I used a couple of different stencils : bottom left is a trio of butterflies, top left is the leaf pattern from Stamplorations, and the whole right side is a floral stencil. I used blending solution on a sponge to take away the alcohol ink - and I was wiping it off on a grid stencil covered card. It's quite easy to make a mess this way, especially if the sponge is too wet, as the blending solution spreads below the stencil.
The second background I created by putting the ink (only the blue and green) on the felt pad and dabbing on the Yupo paper. I used 3 stencils here too : a flourish design on bottom left, negative butterflies on top left, and the whole right panel is the Hero Arts flower background stencil. This time I used Alcohol lift ink to take away the alcohol ink by dabbing a sponge onto the pad, and then on exposed area on the stencil.
Both method were very hard on my sponges - Used 3 different sponges to do these 2 backgrounds, and all are ready for the bin!
I will get 3 cards from each panel. I started with the right hand side of the first panel. I die cut 2 butterflies, and popped them on the card front that had the grid.