Sunday 2 August 2020

Combining Colours

I was looking at the colours for July Altenew Challenge and didn't think that any of the inks matched perfectly. The green was more celadon than mint, and the browns were more rosy terracotta than pure terracotta. So I thought I should add some grey to the mint greens, and add pink to the browns.

So I came up with the idea of mixing 2 inks by stamping the image in one colour, then stamping again with the second colour. So I have 2 layers of colour giving me a new colour.


For the leaves, there were 2 layers of stamps :
  • Layer 1 : I used Mountain Mist, then stamped again in Limestone
  • Layer 2 : I used Volcano Lake, then stamped again in Silver Stone
For the flowers, some had 3 layers, some had 4 layers of stamps. You can stamp the different layers in the same colour and it will still make a difference because the second time makes it darker. So used the same 2 inks for layers 1 & 2, and then the darker 2 for layers 3 & 4 :
  • Layer 1 and 2 : I used Blush, then Sand Dunes
  • Layer 3 and 4 : I used Rouge, then Rocky Shore

I used a mix of the Blush and Sand Dunes, then spritzed when stamping the dots. The sentiment was stamped in Delicata Copper ink.



My entry to ...

... Altenew July Inspiration Challenge




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layered roses, Janet - great take on the inspiration photo and I love your combined colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails