Friday 7 August 2020

Pretty Proteas

I was so excited when I saw that Hero Arts came out with a Protea flower stamp set.  Since it's indigenous to South Africa, I didn't think any US stamp companies would ever create one. It was the first of my new Hero Arts order that inked up!

I was also inspired by the layers of Eva's card.  Instead of actual stitches on the top layer, I decided to use one of my stitch dies. I coloured with Prismacolor pencils.






My entry to ...

... A Blog Named Hero : Embossing



... CAS Colours & Sketches #382



... Die Cut Divas : Flowers



... Less Is More : Summer Flowers



... NBUS #17 - New stamp set.



... Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge : Favourite Tool. One of my favourites - the Bigshot which I used for both embossing and die cutting.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful protea flowers, Janet! Did you have some in your garden when you were young? Just love your coloring and feminine design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the texture you added with the embossing. I like how you repeated the color of the protea with the twine. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love that protea flower stamp set too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flower, beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very lovely. Beautifully colored flower. So glad you joined us for our "All About the Flowers" August challenge at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant and beautiful!! Thanks for playing along our August challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the mix of the faux-stitch die and embossing together! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful stamp Janet! I love the way you coloured it and set it against the die cut stitched background! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love all the texture. You did a fantastic job coloring your Protea Flower! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails