Thursday 17 April 2014

More Stencils

Creeping in with one more card for the stencil challenge at Virginia's View Challenge. (I don't envy her on judging the amazing 227 entries! She really has inspired so many of us and there are so many wonderful cards)

I mixed some Picked Raspberry in with my embossing paste and spread it in the middle of the Studio Calico Mister Huey's Masks - Circle Graph. Then I added a dash of Salty Ocean which gave a lovely lilac colour and spread it towards the edges. I love the effect!



I used a velvet brad which mixes well with the texture.

So here's the full card ...



And here's what the craft space looks like after a couple of days stamping ... hardly space to put a card down! I think my brain works faster than my hands can create, so things just pile up. I think a little tidying is on the cards tomorrow.









8 comments:

  1. Jayne (paperpicnic)17 April 2014 at 23:35

    Janet, I just saw your gorgeous card at Virginia's View Challenge and I couldn't resist taking a closer look! Your stenciled circle graph is amazing - I love the asymmetrical design and the beautiful colors that you achieved with two different inks! It's really a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Janet, I really must take the plunge and try out my new stencils and paste - especially when I see how brilliant the results can be on cards like this! My craft space looks far worse than your hun! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is artsy and fabulous! Love how those two colors mix together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and I just love those colours together! Am a big fan of your cards and this one is another beauty! My craft space looks like that pretty much ALL the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that textures on the stenciled background, Janet! Excellent choice of sentiment and design! Your craft room looks fabulous! (much neater than mine--LOL). So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love how you mixed your inks to create such a unique blend of colors on this card! Perfect with this stencil, too! Such an awesome card, Janet!
    Thanks for sharing a pic of your craft space...it's too bad we don't have a craft fairy to clean up for us when we're finished creating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome card...love the colours you used...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. I love the colors that you mixed. I just signed up for your blog. thank you so much for sharing your technique and color selection with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails