Sunday 13 April 2014

Double embossed Stencils

Still playing with stencils for Virginia's View Challenge. This time I did the embossing paste in two steps as I was using 2 colours mixed in with the paste (Mowed Lawn and Festive Berries Distress Inks). I tell you, it was not so easy to keep the paste out of the shapes I was trying to avoid. So I let the first colour dry before I attempted the second. Then I let that dry before I stamped my text background with versamark and embossed in white. So I used embossing paste and embossing powder on this one.




I was inspired by Vicki's Muse Challenge.




In fact I started this card first, but as it took so many steps with the drying time, it will be my second card for the Muse Challenge. I went with the design and the colours ... with text printed over the florals. 



I will also enter this for the Hero Arts Sketch Challenge ... a loose interpretation of sketch No 2 ... a square tag?!





13 comments:

  1. This card is stunning, the technique you've used works so well, such vibrant colours.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, your results are wonderful! Your patience paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a true labor of love, Janet! It is tricky to get the paste just the right amount and fall on the exact spots that you want...this masterpiece is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks tricky, but BEAUTIFUL! I love the texture and the bright colours! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool Janet! Love the embossed text over the embossing paste - fabulous effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an amazing job combining these techniques, Janet! I love your background and the heart is just perfect! Such a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, WOW! WOW! WOW! This card is absolutely amazing! It is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - this is so cool! Wonderful card - Thanks so much for joining in over at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card looks stunning and I love how you have made it - very cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great Janet, love your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stamping on the embossing paste looks wonderful. I have to try this too. Thank you for all the inspiration on your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails