Friday 30 August 2013

Rescuing Silhouettes

Sometimes making a simple one layer card turns out complicated. Playing in Karen's OLW Silhouette Challenge has been fraught with mistakes.

The first card was all done except the sentiment ... and then I botched it with a crooked placement ....

So take 2, and the masking paper curled up while sponging, so had to hide the smudge with a higher placed sentiment which was NOT the original plan.



So tried a third one, and the cling sentiment fell off the acrylic block. Threw the card away. Used temporary tape to stick the cling, and it still fell off and landed crooked on the card. So tried a rescue. This was so not in the plan. I wanted to just sponge off from around the rectangle.


I'm going to bed!

7 comments:

  1. oh they are both absolutely gorgeous! but I think the first one is just jaw dropping fabulous! I actually like the sentiment up there, with the line standing on the horizon! and what a beautiful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I think they are beautiful. Don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that pain was definitely worth it Janet ... these are both stunning ... I love the inking! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards Janet
    Thanks so much for playing along with the OLW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it interesting that we think we will make a simple card (?) and we end up making far more than we planned and spending way too much time. Nevertheless the card is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the first one, and I love that it was the result of a smudge... my best cards are always created from covering up mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW Janet, I saw this from Karen's OLW blog and had to come look. These are awesome and I love how you "fixed" them :) (So glad I'm not the only one that this happens to!) I'm all inspired to try and play along today.
    xxx
    Riette

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails