Thursday 29 August 2013

Books & Butterflies

So happy about the CASology challenge of Books this week.



Honoring Ombre at the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger too.



I'm going to have to play more than once for this one - I love books & reading. The first one is a card with a bookmark.



I punched out some book paper and then distressed each one in deeper shades of blue to create an ombre look.


Here is the card once the bookmark is removed - paint splatter and the band to hold the bookmark.



And the bookmark on it's own.


I will also enter it into the Less is More Washi Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I really love how you layered your butterfly on this bookmark...beautiful ombre' effect, too! What a great idea to place the band to hold it on to the card...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic take on the trigger and I love the wings as pages of a book - so clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week (again!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh....love the blue and white colour combination you chose! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bookmark! What a great idea to put it onto a card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever creation, it looks great with and without the bookmark!
    I love the inky effects!
    Thanks as ever.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty, love your layered butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Janet!! I love that the card still looks like a card when the bookmark is removed! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Janet! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails