Thursday 18 January 2018

A new challenge : Twofer!

[Note : if you want a cyclone update, I added a note to the bottom of the original post

I nearly missed it, but I found Darnell's new Twofer Card Challenge which began with the first challenge on 10 January. The only problem is that in my excitement, I forgot to pay attention to the theme ... Feathers!!! I will have to make another 2 following the theme tomorrow.














I had been trying out making cling film inked backgrounds, for the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge ... and then spotted the wonderful card by Kelly on the Simon Says Stamp blog. Perfect way to use one of my first attempts at the backgrounds ... it was not so successful in having the texture as I used ordinary card stock and didn't scrunch the cling enough.



I didn't photo the first background before I started stamping, but this is the second.



Following Kelly's idea, I was using WPlus9 Kind Soul stamp set. As I still had the stamp loaded in my Tonic Stamping Platform, I stamped a second time once I finished colouring to get a strong black print.



Then, as I needed to make my second card with the same stamp ... loved the blue and kraft colour combination of the Color Throwdown challenge.





And the two together ...


I will also enter this to Diecut Diva's Challenge : Do or Use something new. Making the cling wrap background was new for me.
SaveSave

10 comments:

  1. I'm so delighted that you are excited about my new Twofer challenge, Janet! Both of your flower cards are beautiful and I love the different designs! Your colorful cling wrap background is especially gorgeous! When I saw them in the gallery, I was nervous about coming to tell you that the prompt words was feathers, so I'm relieved you noticed yourself! Now I'm excited to see what you do with feathers!! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad there's not a flower somewhere in the world called a feather flower:-) - anyway, beautiful cards, Janet - love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are gorgeous-but I have to try the cling wrap technique! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful and very different cards with this pretty stamp, Janet! Love the bold colors of the first and the soft serene look of the second! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've used your cling wrap background with the gorgeous kind soul flower spray. It's so beautiful. Love the details you've added to the flowers. Your second card is lovely with the soft blue and brown ... perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beauties, Janet - just love what you did with the flower spray!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful cards that would have been fabulous for the Twofer if it had been a flower challenge!! That is the sort of thing I almost did as I had a great idea for the Twofer and then thought, no, it won't work as it has nothing to do with feathers! But meanwhile, I love your cling wrap background for the brightly coloured one. And great white highlighting on the flowers. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cling wrap background for your 1st flower bouquet image, Janet. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - came cuz the rainbowed a la Kelly beauty caught my eye in the gallery and what a wonderful surprise to see that softly colored beauty in those nearly neutral colors. As much as I love rainbows (did it take you as long as Kelly to go back and color all those blooms?) it's your second card that really got me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to stop by after seeing your rainbow card in Stamp Junkies. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails