Friday 21 February 2020

Book Lover Birthday

Our book club has been going for 21 years and I keep a lookout for book related stamps.  The Hero Arts Bookcase stamp pairs up beautifully with their Pee-a-Boo die. So much fun.

I coloured with Copics.  Here's the front having being diecut.



But I thought that a birthday needs a message.  I couldn't stick a message over it as it would prevent a window from being opened.  So I decided that I needed something that could be opened.

I diecut the Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday and coloured with Delicata gold.  I mounted it on an embossed vellum. I found a lot of people don't like tying bows, so I decided to use the string tie system that just needs to be looped.

When was the last time you used a brad?!

Good to be using up the stash!



Here I've unlooped the gold string ...


With the windows open ... 

I'm delighted to see the Matryoshka dolls (also known as Babushka dolls, stacking dolls, nesting dolls, Russian tea dolls, or Russian dolls) as 2 of our members have just been to Russia!


My entry to ... 

... A Blog Named Hero : Birthday Challenge



... Addicted to Stamps and More : Make Your Mark





7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card...so clever and apt for your book club. I love all the little windows...some die that is!...and all the little surprises behind. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love that book shelf stamp and you colored it so beautifully! The vellum band with the string closure added just the right finishing touch!

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work in our ATSM challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

    Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is awesome...love it! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool and very clever! Sounds like so many reasons this is a great set for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! fantastic card, Janet - love all the details - wonderful coloring - thanks for joining our ABNH birthday challenge - Betty Keefe, ABNH FB Inspiration DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can i find the bookcase stamp? I love it and the card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s from Hero Arts. They have many book related stamps. This was the wood stamp, but there is a similar one in clear stamps too see HERE

      Delete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails