Thursday 2 February 2017

Mistakes & Progress

I thought I would share my mistakes and progress as I was making my card for a couple of challenges this week.

I decided to combine the Muse Challenge #201 and the Inkspirational Polka Dot Challenge.

  

I was making another "fancy fold" card and luckily I had not glued the inside to the cover as I got a splodge of pink on the bottom of the front. I didn't want to just throw it away, so I die cut it into a square card.


I rather like this and I think it is better than my original idea. Sometimes when we try fixing our mistakes, we get a better result!  I had thought of putting the die cut square of my first attempt on the card, but thought it would be really thick. 

So here's my original idea ...


But I love this inside ...







13 comments:

  1. This really is amazing-I love the bright colours and fab pop up. Thanks for joining Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, this is fantastic card, Janet! I totally in love with your white die-cut background, such a rich texture, and those center dots are sweet addition. Thank you for sharing your card with Muse club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are super. I would love to have the directions for the inside of your original card. That is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful - love that pop-up interior in the fresh green! So great to see you at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful pop up card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful pop up card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun cards. Love them all. Isn't pink and green and polka dots da bomb? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your mistake transitioned to perfect card. Wonderful take on the Muse card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that you continued with your "mistake" card; it's beautiful. If you hadn't told us, we never would have known. Love your take on Valentyna's Muse card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful take on Valentyna's card, Janet! I love how you finished the inside of this card, too! A really great save!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both versions of your card are stunning! Your polka dot flowers and the fabulous pop-up inside make me smile! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails