Wednesday 9 March 2016

Sending Hugs

We are going to be having a family get together to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday, but my SIL cannot make it. Thought it would be good to send her some thoughts and hugs.


I continued with the sentiment on the inside of the card, and kept up with the same angle.



Inspired by Michele's card at Muse Challenge this week ...
... her sponged section that was stencilled too
... her overlapping sentiment die

I had a bit of a glitch as I was sponging the stencil on the sentiment. Didn't look good, so I ended up making the top section a deep turquoise and the bottom section in green.


9 comments:

  1. This is a lovely take on Michelle's Muse card Janet! Great colours and die-cut! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, I truly feel hugs are the very best kind of thank you! What a sweet sentiment, and you are very kind to send such a cute card to your SIL - AND to play cards at Muse again! Thank YOU!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, this is so pretty. Love the shades of blue you've used and its so sweet to think of your SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green and blue is always such a fabulous color combo! Like those little white accents on the HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful take on Michele's card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful ...love the colours and the little accents on your sentiment finishes it off beautifully! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - gorgeous use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous color combo, and I love your details on the die cut sentiment! Really gorgeous card, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! So simple but elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails