Wednesday 2 March 2016

Inspired by others ...

A lot of us spend time pinning from blogs, or pinterest itself. And what do we do with all those things pins on our many boards? (I have over 6,500 pins on 103 boards!) So this week I decided it was time to make a card or two that I have pinned.

I'm a fan of butterflies and rainbows, so Francine Vuilleme's card was pure happiness for me. I didn't have the same butterfly die or sentiment, but I dug in my stash to see what could do the job. I used Distress inks to do the watercolouring.


Next, it was Cindy Gilfillan's delightfully offset scene with soft sponged clouds that took my eye. Plus it was a one-layer card. Again, I didn't have the same supplies, but looked to see what would match the design and effect. I think she repeated the use of one flower stamp, but I used one floral silhouette stamp and a tiny butterfly. 


I have rather a lot of Heather Telford's cards pinned and although I don't think I'll ever get to her level of artistic finish, it's always a good challenge to try new things.   Heather's shades of green card was so soft, layered and lovely. I wanted to keep mine one layer, but using the leaves I had, I think it lacks a little something. I think the fern leaves are too busy for the delicate white embossed ones.


Do you ever create cards inspired from cards that you've pinned?

1 comment:

  1. Janet I really like all three of these cards and I think the white does pop on the green; the fern and the embossed white are both delicate and pretty.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails