Thursday 10 March 2016

New supplies

My Distress Crayons arrived today ... and had to give them a quick try. Started by drawing a square and smooshing it with my finger. Oh My! Is that smooth or what ?! What amazing texture. I wanted to just keep on playing with them. And then to mix things up a bit, I used a Copic C1 to make some shadows on the squares and leaves.

I drew on the edge of strip of cardstock and smooched again so I would have exact matching paper for the border.

New stamps too ... the Roses for You set from Simon Says Stamp.  And as I put my stamps in the Pockets and make my own labelling cardboard, I cut up the card that comes with the stamps. The grey zigzag can be used in so many ways as it is so subtle. I painted the leaves by putting a wet paintbrush directly to the crayon to get the colour.


Here is a close-up.


I will enter this to the ...



... and Darnell's NBUS Challenge #6






7 comments:

  1. I felt sure that I didn't need distress crayons ... until I saw this post ... now I'm sure I need them!! Beautiful card, fabulous boxes, vibrant colour .. I love it! Thanks for helping me spend more!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about those distress crayons....nice to see them in action! Great look! Love the punch of the bright green! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fun card! I love what you've done with those crayons! Looks amazing! What a sweet flower! The colours are fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a gorgeous design Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design!! I just love the greens in your card.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning card - love the CAS design and colours.

    Thanks for joining in with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh, boy, no, no, no, please don't enable me like this to buy yet another way to apply color!!! You make these crayons look not only stunning, but loads of fun as well, Janet!! And I think you are genius to use the packaging for your cool card border like that! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! I apologize for taking so long to come by and thank you. Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails