Monday 3 August 2015

Strip Down #1

I haven't made it to my craft studio much in the last few weeks, but when I saw the Strip Down Challenge at One-Layer Simplicity Challenge, I just HAD to get there and make something. I have been zooming through some blogs here and there, and managed to watch pieces of Jennifer McGuire's Faux Textured Metal paper video, so I really wanted to try that out too.

I knew I was pushing the limit on the deadline, but as I love butterflies I was hoping to sneak it in to the CAS-ology Wings Challenge too, but it was dinner time, and I missed the deadline! I'm not sure my curvy lines count for the Strip Down challenge, and I didn't add texture to the shimmer on this one, but I love the effect.


A closer view of the lovely shimmer.








16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your card Janet it looks beautiful!!! I just watched her video too with all inspiring work and cant wait to give it a try. Thanks for even more inspiration.

      (It's been a long day and I'm having typing issues!) ;-)

      Delete
  2. So cool. Love the movement you've created with the curves on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful !! Love how the curves gives the impression of the flight of the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I too played with that technique [so fun!] -- Your card sure does qualify for OLS --- very stunning~

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Janet...this is gorgeous...love how you took on the challenge and ended up with this beauty. Thanks so much for playing along with the OLS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous take on the OLS challenge - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is extraordinary. I love how the curve just blends into butterfly.
    Can you tell us what colors of distress inks you used? I am impressed with the shine, too.
    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the twist in the 'strip down' masked area. Such pretty colours and loving your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolutely beautiful card (I came across your picture on the OLS challenge blog). Thank you so much for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your other entry, too, coming in today, Janet, and they are both marvelous! But this dramatic strip with the beautiful butterfly and sparkly coloring really caught my eye!! It's a winner to me!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails