Tuesday 7 May 2019

Flowers for my Mother

It's getting close to Mother's Day (although the dates vary by country!) so it's timely to have the cue word of MOTHER at the CASology challenge this week.

I spent 6 weeks with my mother over March & April ... 3 weeks in South Africa, and then she came over to Mauritius for 3 weeks.  It's a pity we live so far away from each other, especially as she gets older.  She is so tiny now ... we joked that we had put her in the tumble-dryer and she shrunk! She's only 4' 9½" now.


She loves flowers, and loves pink, so this is my card for her.  I masked off a heart area to restrict the stamping of my Hero Arts rose stems.



This is also a shout out to the golden oldie and firm favourites of Hero Arts as they celebrate their 45th Birthday!




Come and check on the creations of the design team and be inspired. Looking forward to seeing your take on the cue word.

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous pic of yourself and your mom. My mom is shrinking too. I'm only small now so heaven knows how teeny tiny I'm going to end up! Your card is beautiful. What a clever way to use that lovely image, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous roses and I love how you placed them inside your pretty heart...such a lovely Mother's Day card, Janet! Thanks for sharing your sweet photo with your mom...how nice that you got to spend so much time with her ~ Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely card for mum and I think a very clever way of using that lovely stamp. You and your mum look great in the photo...how good to spend some quality time together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, this is so pretty! I love the soft inking and that you left the middle lighter - nice effect (I want to try that).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet! Such a pretty card. Love the fabulous coloring and how you framed the flowers within the heart. Beautiful CAS card. Happy crafting. Hugs - Bharati

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the PaperCraft Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails