Wednesday 18 April 2018

Spring Flowers

This is my first card with the sweet (free gift stamp set) WPlus9 Tossed Florals. Stamped on watercolour paper and embossed with white EP. Painted with Distress Inks. As I had originally not planned on painting the blue background, I painted over the lines so that the flowers and leaves would pop.


I decided to use the large "hi" die cut so that I would get the pattern. Added an offset die to make a shadow image, and embossed the background to add texture. I just love this Stampin Up Dynamic Ruffled 3D embossing folder. Colourful and bold yet still CAS.


Of course, you get two cards this way ... and here's the negative version.


Two very different looks from the same supplies!

5 comments:

  1. I love that embossing folder, Janet. It gives and even more feminine look to your lovely floral 'HI'. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely tropical design, Janet - you've made 3 happy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this couldn't have more of a Spring feeling if it tried!! Absolutely love the way you painted this, its not a controlled technique which is just the way Mother Nature paints her flowers too. The blue background makes those colours pop and the white background for the first card makes the flowers sing. Always so wonderful to see you at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fantastic projects with that beautiful stamp! I'm glad you added the blue bg, it really makes the flowers pop. Love the large hi-die cut! Thank you for joining us at Time Out Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I love everyone! So pretty and cheerful! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails