Tuesday 8 August 2017

CASology #261 : Safari

The cue word at CASology is SAFARI this week. This is where I so need the Hero Arts June Monthly kit! But it was sold out in record time. So it was the Silhouette to the rescue. 

I wanted to do an African silhouette and sunset, so I printed out the image at the width of the card. Started distressing with a touch of Scattered Straw for the edge of the moon, with Ripe Persimmon, Broken China and Faded Jeans for the sky.


My original idea was to have the silhouette and shaded band only about 1½" high so that I could preserve lots of white space and it would qualify as a CAS card. But this takes up more than ⅓ of the card. Should have printed it smaller and made the grasslands wider, either on the silhouette or by hand.

Too lazy to reprint and colour, so then I checked out other images in my library. I thought this cool looking giraffe would fit the bill perfectly! Keeping it to a bare minimum, added a touch of watercolour & brightened it up with this fun frame from Studio Calico, and word tags from Lili of the Valley.



If you need some more ideas, pop on over to see the design team cards ...



Guest Designer : Kevin B

Sponsor : Your Next Stamp




5 comments:

  1. Two great safari cards, Janet - the Silhouette certainly comes in handy, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are wonderful, Janet! I love the serene silhouette scene on that first and the second is just way too fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both cards, Janet! The silhouettes on your first card are so striking, especially with your gorgeous background! Love your fun design on your 2nd card, too! Fabulous coloring on the giraffe and your frame is perfect!
    I was so delighted that you chose my card as your fave last week...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like both of these cards. Agree that the 2nd is more CAS, and I can definitely relate to making a CASology card, and then having to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful safari cards Janet! I love them both. And that giraffe is so cool <3 Hugs Anna xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails