I decided that the theme would be to use pages from a book on the card. It could be stamped, diecut, embossed, whatever you wanted.
I made 4 examples. The first was to use the paper as a background with neutral stamping.
The second card, I stamped on the book paper again, but this time I coloured in the image with Prisma coloured pencils. I used the same stamp as the background, matching the pattern.
The next card, I diecut many butterflies and distressed the edges, alternating the colours. The top die was also stamped, adding Wink of stella to the dots. I inked up the background grid stamp using distress markers, using Picked Raspbery on 2 sides of the squares, and Ripe Persimmon on the other 2. Spritzed it generously before stamping.
A close up of the layers of wings, and shimmer on the dots.
The last card, I used an embossing folder on the book page. The embossing was not that noticeable, so I sponged over it with Distress Ink to make it stand out more. I used the Hero Arts branch die, and flowers, adding Liquid Pearl yellow dots. (I was so happy the "Ebersole" was in the writing as I'm a fan of Julie Ebersole's cards, videos and laughter!)
A closeup of the dry embossing.