Monday 16 June 2014

First Gelli Plate Print

Played with the Gelli Plate for the first time this morning. Not a clue what I was really doing - adding layers and stencils and textures from a vague memory of a video. 

This was my first attempt ... made into a card. I used the Hero Arts stencil Large Lotus Pattern, with some bubble wrap and the Hero Arts Tiny Ink Spots stamp adding more texture. Added a sentiment and butterfly with some wink of stella and voila!


Tried another one, and things got worse (paint was not coming off onto the paper), but luckily I found and re-watched that wonderfully fun video by Barbara Gray, and found out how to do it. So you'll be seeing lots more of these. I just love the rich vibrant look.

3 comments:

  1. Janet this is stunning, the colours are so virbrant and the layers fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did awesome....! I love it and my LSS is hosting workshops, so I'm taking two different ones in July...should be super fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails