Tuesday 19 October 2010

Challenges - too late and just in time

I was making these for the Holiday Thinking Inking Challenge by Jennifer McGuire at 2 Peas (here), but I was too late for last week. Just so happens that I used my favourite colours of the moment which are blue, green & brown which fit perfectly for the Play Date Cafe Challenge (here). Just made the deadline! This first one was stamped with distress inks then spritzed to let the inks bleed. Works well on this hydrangea as it then doesn't need colouring.
On this second card, I inked up the flower once (broken china), and stamped it 3 times without re-inking but spritzing in between impressions. Did the same with the leaf (bundled sage). Added 3 shades of bling to match the fading colours.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, wonderful use of this weeks colors. The sentiment framing your hydrangea is a great touch. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job with the Distress Inks, Janet! I really love the hydrangea card, especially the sentiment border-it's really clever! Good Luck with the Play Date Cafe Challenge!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful! I especially like the second one in its absolute calmness and serenity! Super job with our colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, both cards work beautifully for the PDCC and are gorgeous. The background in the first one has the exact colors and I love the hydrangea. The second card is so clever the way you made the gradually fading flowers of the trio and the bling to match. Great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are really pretty! I love the first one especially, it's lovely! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHH! I love how you stamped the sentiment around the first card--and that second card is so AWESOME! I love CAS cards;) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards. Love the soft effect of the hydrangea and stamping. Glad you joined us at the PDCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab sentiment,and it looks great stamped around the card. Thanks for playing along in the 'cafe':)

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails