I went with :
- stamped image
- coloured pen/pencil (Prismacolor) - on the butterfly
- die cut
I thought I would add some excitement to the inside, using Jennifer McGuire's Surprise Spinner idea.
This was my second attempt as I was winging it on the first. On Jennifer's last card, she had said you needn't measure but just make the fold next to your opening. But when I closed the card, my butterfly extended past the edge by quite a lot - see how it goes passed the white edge. So in fact, her original measure of having the folds a minimum of 2.5" from each edge is better.
So I ended up gluing it to a large square card, stamping the inner panels to add interest ( and camouflage my error!). So don't worry if you don't get it right the first time. I find there are ways of fixing errors too - and sometimes it even ends up better than the original