Tuesday 8 December 2015

Advent Colouring 1-8

I am following Ann Voskamp's Advent readings in Unwrapping the Greatest Gift. Such a beautiful book with a rich messages each day each showing us how God has reached out to us from the beginning.

There are 2 versions : a colourful, beautifully illustrated one for the family, and a smaller one with the same "ornament" illustrations in white and kraft - ever so pretty too.

  

When you buy the book, you get access to the printouts of the ornaments. Last year, I made the white ones for my mother in law. This year, I decided to print the ones to colour. Will give me a both a quiet moment to reflect on the message of the day and to practice my Copic colouring.

I will post as I go along... here are the first 9 days.


I think I will mount them on the red cardstock as it will make them pop - or would a blue be better? I wanted the backing to be blue as the accompanying message has blue in it. I had so hoped to find a double sided paper to do the trick, but no luck.


So which is it to be?





1 comment:

  1. I will be checking this book out it sounds fabulous as is your coloring!!! I like the blue background, but then I do favor that color more anyway. ;-) Thanks for sharing Janet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails