Friday 22 May 2015

Shine your light ...

Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of weeks ... real life is really busy at the moment. I feel as I'm juggling a lot of balls. This week I also started the Metabolism diet - but my was I a grizzly bear with headaches and tiredness from the detoxing!  I feel like giving up everyday just to have some tea, biscuits, cake, choc.... but since I have lost 2Kgs - yes 2Kgs  - in 4 days, I'll just have to keep going.

A card for a First Communion ... inspired by an old stamp from PSX with this sentiment (remember those days!).

I inked up my Hero Arts background stamp with Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade, added some Ripe Persimmon with the markers and spritzed. This was a MISTI Moment, as my friend Bronwyn calls it. I find my background stamps stick so well to the MISTI, and if they don't stamp perfectly the first time, you can always stamp again ... in EXACTLY the same spot. Heaven!

I die cut a panel out from the background so I could mount it up and add some interest.


I set up the sentiment in Silhouette and printed it. So easy to make the shadows. I took JM's idea of using foam to mount up the panel, but decided to use an orange one to add that touch of colour.


I'm entering this to the Less is More : Sunshine Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great card ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Janet, super sunshiny colours!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dimension you've added to your sunny panel and what a great addition with the orange foam and enamel dot.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More GD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And perfect for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails