But I so love trying a new technique. First thing you need is an outline stamp that has some detail lines inside. So a quick whiz through my stash and I decided on 3 stamps - because I had seen that you had to do this in stages - so while the first was drying I could start the next image. This is not a technique that can be rushed!
So here is the first card using the Large Flower from Hero Arts - so versatile - the last card I made with this was so different. I used Antique Linen to stamp the images. I didn't want to use all the detail lines of the flower (it would take ages), so I grouped them in parts. However, you can see some of the lines showing through. I'm not sure why some showed through, and others didn't.
A close up of the painted lines. I used Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord for the petals, Ripe Persimmon for the centre; Mowed Lawn and Shabby Shutters for the leaves.
I had so much fun. I'm entering this to the Less is More : This makes me happy Challenge....
... new techniques
... Distress Inks
I'll also enter it to ...
Hero Arts : Nature Challenge
Addicted to Cas : Distress Challenge
A2zscrapping : Colour it in Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wed : Anything Goes Challenge
[Postscript added : I retracted my submission to Paper Players Challenge as I had entered more than the allowed maximum 3 challenges. Apologies that I had not read their challenge instructions in full.
This corrects my entry to LIM Challenge, as I've now entered only the maximum 5 challenges.]