... Less is More Use a Rubber Stamp Challenge,
... CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Kraft and Type, and
... Simon Says Stamp Challenge Anything Goes.
Using the diecut of the Birthday left over from my last card & I added highlights with white gel pen. Lovely Hero Arts splashes, Technique Tuesday circle today stamp.
If you'd like to know my thoughts and steps on designing and making this, keep reading.
- I knew I was going to use the kraft birthday diecut.
- Then I went to my stamp sets, browsing through them, looking for paint splatters - which I also "planned".
- I spotted the circles of Technique Tuesday and thought the "Today" would go perfectly under the small space under the "D".
- I wanted a line to draw focus to the "today" so looked for arrows, lines, diagonal stripes, etc. I love this one from Hero Arts.
- I looked for "Happy" to go above the Birthday, but when I spotted this fun row of words, I knew it would add a fun touch.
- OK - so now I had my stamps, and had to decide on colour. Starting with the kraft diecut and white card, my first colour choice to add was of course blue! - specifically turquoise which I love pairing with brown/kraft.
- I stamped a number of them on my working paper and decided on Memento's Bahama Blue, Hero Arts Neon and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.
- To stamp on the card I started with the biggest splash first, then the small neon one, and then the other 2, balancing the size and colours.
- Stamped and punched out the "today" circle.
- Placed the birthday and lined up the arrows and sentiments and stamped with Impress Chocolate ink. Glued the birthday down, used foam mount for the "today" circle.
- Rounded the corners.
- Decided the birthday needed a little highlighting so used a white gel pen to give a shine to the top of the letters.