Thursday 30 November 2023

Monochrome Ornaments

 My friend lent me her set of Pinkfresh Studio Ornaments - simply wonderful that it has the accompanying stencil and die. I decided to go with a monochrome gold/creme set. I used Platinum embossing on cream card, and stencilled in shades of cream/gold adding a little Delicata Gold here and there.

As wonderful as it would be to put them all on one card, I decided to see how many cards I could get out with one set of ornaments.  Turns out I got 5! Yippee!


For the first design, I used 3 ornaments on the card varying the shapes and sizes to get a good balance. I can't remember who gave the great tip of scoring the edges of your top card but thank you. A extra touch for a CAS card.


I also painted in parts with Delicata gold refill ink.



For the second design I used the positive and negative dies of an arch.


For the negative cut, I embossed the card with a linen embossing folder to give a little texture.




For the last lonely ornament, I was wondering how I could use it. Such a particular shape and not that big.  But then I remembered this wonderul star embossing folder! Gives it that extra impact.  And I just love these dies of tag/labels that also have a matching embossing folder to give them extra detail.

9 comments:

  1. You can't ask for anything better than simply gorgeous! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very elegant! I love the cream and gold! You've reminded me to get this set out and create! Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look so elegant! Love the onces with the embossed background even more; just a little bit more intrest.. Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all STUNNING! I love you monochrome colors, it's so pristine and makes for a gorgeous image. We're so glad you've joined us this week at CAS on Friday, we love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW your cards are so beautiful, Janet. Fantastic art.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunningly elegant ornament cards, Janet! Love them all but especially the embossed rays one. Sorry to be late to comment but thanks for sharing at our November Die Cut Diva Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a gorgeous set of cards Janet. All so beautiful and elegant. Beautiful designs. Thanks so much for sharing with us at LIM challenge. Wishing you and your family a lovely Christmas. 🎄😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails