Thursday 5 February 2015

Watercolour CAS(e)ing

I was so inspired by the Altenew design team members, that I did another CASE of the Lacy Scroll stamp. This time I was copying the watercolour effects of Iwona Palamountain. I just loved her colour combo and tried to replicate it.

I stamped the flowers in Hero Arts Bumble gum pink and the scrolls in Hero Arts Soft Sand. I just used my ordinary watercolours to give more colour and depth. I used an orange/red and a golden yellow on the flowers. And a teal, beige and a touch of grey on the scrolls. Then I added a sprinkling of black dots and a sentiment.



As this is one layer, I will also enter it to the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge : Blend.



13 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Janet! I think you just sold this stamp to me! I love the beautiful colors and shading! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Janet! Your effect is so gentle and fluid - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also another gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. I have bought thestamp set and it is NBUS but you really have inspired me. Time to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply stunning sweetie, I love the soft look to the flowers, gorgeous colours too,thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours and the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this beautiful card! Your colors are gorgeous! You did an amazing job with water coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is beyond gorgeous! Love the contrast of the red and blue and the soft watercolor effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Gosh. Janet, this is truly amazing. The colors are fabulous, but I can't believe the amount of work that went into the blending here...and it's just perfect. The overall effect is bold and soft at the same time...BRILLIANT! Thanks so much for playing along with the One-Layer Simplicity challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, what a gorgeous card! Love your colour choice and colouring! It looks luxury!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails