I haven't played much yet, but I noticed 2 things straight away :
- The marker lids are not always a good match on the true colour (or even match the Distress Inks and Stains Labels). Shabby Shutter looks almost identical but slightly darker than Crushed Olive. Tea Dye and Rusty Hinge are also difficult to distinguish. Walnut Stain is not nearly as dark as the real thing.
- Most of the colours are perfect, but Shabby Shutters is almost the same as Crushed Olive; Tea Dye and Rusty Hinge too. And Walnut Stain is not the same tone or dark enough. I will need to play them more to see if it makes a difference on my projects.
Mine did not come in the container as it reduced shipping considerably. So I needed to make one. Luckily I had an almost empty cocoa tin with plastic top, which I could use to click on the bottom so I don't get any future rust marks (living in a humid tropical climate!).
In order to keep them in the same sets that I have in my distress inks, I decided to use ribbon separators.Stamped a background in the softest colour in each of the ranges.
Added 2 more images in 2 more colours.
Decided to add the distress stains to match on ribbon. Such fun!
Add a punch of Picket Fence on each join of colours to give lighter tones.
Et voila! Handy container that gives you examples of the colours all in one place. (You can see my stacks of Distress Inks in the background)