After playing in the Hero Arts Flickr Group 90 minute scramble on Saturday, I got the lucky draw for a Hero Arts Digikit. I've only made one card with a digital stamp before, so I thought it was time to try out the lovely botanical flowers I received. I love the tulip, so I started with that. Of course, the big advantage is that you can change the size . . . and I discovered, also the colour or brightness. I was only working in Word as I've yet to get Photoshop Elements (even though it's been on my wish list for a while).
I discovered you can't colour with any water based medium (pentel, watercolour or distress inks) as it makes the print run.
So the first is with watercolour pencils, without using any water on it. So could have used ordinary pencils if I had them. Printed image quite small, all in a row.
On an off chance I tried Copics (and I'm an absolute beginner), thinking there is no ways they would work. But voila! No problem! Love how the Distress Inks Pumice Stone colour gives a neutral look. Then on the inside I printed on about 80% transparency giving a pale grey so I could stamp my message on top.
And here's the pair so you can see the different sizes