Monday 22 July 2013

Tunisian Crochet

A little digression here ... and part of the reason I have been posting on and off these past weeks : I have started crocheting a Tunisian crochet blanket for a queen size bed - 2m wide! When I saw the plain Tunisian stitch, I knew I would be using it. 
Then I went online, and found that there are so many stitches! I picked the lattice pattern ...

and the net pattern ....

I wanted to have different textures in my wool, but was advised by the wool shop that it was not a good idea if you were doing straight lines as the thickness in the different wools would not make for an even edged blanket. So I chose 5 different colours in double knit with some texture differences. I like the fact that the different stitches give different textures. Originally I was going to do each colour in a different stitch, but then decided to stick to the 3 stitches as I realised how much time some of the others would take.
I found the patterns from Ambassador Crochet who gives wonderfully clear instructions on her Tunisian Sampler Scarf section (she has 12 different stitches).

A good winter project (or as much as a winter you get on a tropical island). Not sure that I'll get it finished this year though. Have done 4 repeats of the the 5 colours so far. I haven't measured it yet, but I think it's approximately 75cm. A long way to go!



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Janet!
    I love Tunisian Crochet ;-)
    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet this looks gorgeous. I love the colours & those stitches look amazing. So beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails