Sunday 2 June 2013

First Art Journal Page

I've slowly been accumulating the supplies needed to get into art journals. Although, not everything has arrived, I couldn't resist using what I had to make a start. I've sewn 10 pages of folded Neenah white into a journal and I think I'll be making hard covers. Since it was my first try, I thought I would start with a page of Neenah white which I could use as the cover .... and if it didn't work out, I would just try again. But I'm happy the way it turned out, so I will be using it as the cover.

Entering this for the Hero Arts Stamp Your Story challenge.

Gesso'd the page .... dried ... sprayed 3 colours of Dylusion inks & spritzed with pearlised water ... dried ... used the diamonds of Hero Arts Border mask and applied embossing paste to give dimension and texture ... dried (this takes much longer than you think!) ... painted a circle with white acrylic and Hero Arts Neon yellow ... drew the letters "Words" onto a printed page of an old book and cut out .... coloured with distress markers and blended with water - then added more white acrylic and Neon yellow to the tops of the letters ... stamped the triangle arrows in white ink (didn't come out very well so went over the V's in white gel pen) ... glued the letters down with gel medium (which makes the dylusions ink run - learning as we go along) ... stamped the "of life" and embossed with clear embossing as I didn't want the black to run ... added more white acrylic to the centre of the letters to make them shine ... doodled black lines around the letters and some dots.



Some close-ups

 of the embossing paste ... 



the luminous circle and black doodles ...







3 comments:

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails