Tuesday 27 June 2017

Back home

I have just flown home from a 4 week trip to South Africa. A big part of the trip was being with my mother, who is now 81, and helping her with her health, home and finances. It is difficult living so far away from ageing parents. She still loves her small garden, and has lots of birds popping in for her seeds.

This is the Mandiba Strelitzia (named after Nelson Mandela). The common name is Bird of Paradise.

While I was out in the garden, this lovely, and quite large, butterfly kept me company.



One of the things I sorted through was my mother's wool stash ... found some lovely Mexican Wave and finished a blanket/throw. Made it in Tunisian Entrelac stitch. The Lavender & turquoise one has been brought home to finish.


I did have a short trip to Cape Town ... oh how glorious it is. I was lucky to have blue skies and left before the BIG winter storm hit.


Sorry I have been MIA, but I'll be posting my cards again soon ... need to unpack and get settled.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos!! Rest well Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos, Janet - glad you enjoyed your visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This takes me back to when I lived in SA! The flora is so stunning! I never did make it to Cape Town though, despite it being on my list. :-) Thank you for sharing. Thank you too for your kind comments. Take care and warm wishes, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails