Thursday, 19 May 2016

More Vellum

To play in the Just Us Girls Vellum Challenge, I did more of Jennifer McGuire's rainbow effect on vellum.

Tuesday, 17 May 2016

By the sea

Oh I do love to be beside the seaside! Fresh air, sunshine and water!

My entry for ...

... CASology Challenge : Tear

Even though the paper tearing can be quite busy, if you keep it small, then you can keep it CAS.

I had thought I could add it to the sea challenge on Less is More, but I had forgotten that it was a one layer challenge.

Sunday, 15 May 2016

Colourful Paint Strips

Had some fun this week with Paint stamps and the Misti.

Entry for ...

And it's good to use the leftovers too ... negative space ....

And asking for some help .... 
My old Macbook Pro fried while I was travelling. Since I have my new one, I cannot reduce the size of my photos using the same method without losing clarity and definition. (Imported my photos to "Photos", edited as I wished, then exported on custom setting to dimension of 500 or 600 pixels, on maximum quality)
It is so frustrating. I have tried Picmonkey, but for some reason it freezes my whole Safari. 
Also tried uploading large file to flickr and editing it in Aviary, but that also freezes.
Any suggestions?

Thursday, 5 May 2016

Rainbow Vellum

This is my take on Jennifer's lesson at Clear and Sheer OCC.

I will enter this to ...

Tuesday, 3 May 2016

Guest Designer at CASology

What a happy day when Melissa asked me to be a guest designer for this week's CASology Challenge.  The prompt this week is MOVE.

I was tempted to use a bicycle image, but then I remembered that I had bought some Action Wobble Springs. Thought it would much more fun to have a moving element. Unfortunately you can't capture the movement with a photo. The spring pops up the element and if you give a flick with you finger it wobbles.

Come on over to CASology and join in the fun.

PS.I apologise for the photo not being clear - I'm having trouble with my new mac. Even though I'm doing exactly what I was doing with my last one, I lose clarity when I reduce the size.

Monday, 2 May 2016

Bright watercolouring

It's my daughter's birthday coming up and she loves bright watercolours.   Then I saw the wonderful inspiration on Pinterest Inspired Challenge - the perfect solution.

Lots of colour but I went with circles instead of squares and rectangles.

[Please excuse the bad photo, I have a new computer and it's not reducing the file size properly. What I see in Photos, it not what I get when I export it. When I get it sorted, I'll load the focused picture.)

Sunday, 1 May 2016

Pretty in Pink

Playing with patterned paper and dies and embossing folders.

My entry for ...

... Muse Challenge ... to be inspired by Jenni Murray's card.  I chose her colours, layout, and giving texture.

Sprinkles and smiles

The CASology Challenge this week is Sprinkle, and if you've got sprinkles then you've got smiles too.

With some Wink of Stella shimmer on her dress too.

I will also enter this to ...

... Freshly Made Sketches Challenge

... Less is More Lucky Dip Week : Patterned paper challenge

Silhouette Card Scramble

It was my turn to host the Hero Arts Flickr Group card scramble today. If I had been more organised, I would have given you the heads up so you could join in. Sorry about that. Hopefully, you'll join in the next one in two weeks time.

I have recently spent a week at a game reserve in South Africa. I so loved being in nature, seeing the animals free in their natural habitat, having close encounters of the elephant kind, seeing my first leopard in the wild, the incredible space and peace and sky.

Thinking of "African Sky", I searched for some inspiring photos on Pinterest and chose these two. The first is available from Fine Art America.

The theme I set was to make a SILHOUETTE CARD using Hero Arts stamps, stencils or dies.

For my first card I used a stencil made from a die, and sponged and stamped before removing the mask.

For the second, I used Jennifer McGuire's technique of smooching ink directly from pad to vellum and then rubbing it with a tissue to blend. The branch is a die cut.

The third card I made while everyone was making theirs. I used a piece of vellum left over from the first card. Decided I wanted some more layers so used a text stamp under it. I hand drew the black lines.

Related Posts with Thumbnails