Friday 21 October 2016

CASology Featured Designer - Week 3

Another week has flown by and I'm back for my third post as CASology Featured Designer.



This week I'm sharing my happy space ... my studio, but if you're only interested in cards, zoom down to the bottom of the post. As I shared in my first post, I do give lessons regularly. I used to have my personal space and the teaching space separate, but I was going crazy with moving supplies to and fro. So I have usurped the "garage space" as my combined studio and classrooms that I can teach from "my space".


I've had "make Vinyl words" on my to do list for a couple of months. Since I knew I was going to share my space I was spurred on to get into action. Cut them yesterday and placed them today. Now that I've had my first taste of it, I know I'll be doing more.


On the left I have my cutting, scoring, punches section 


Followed by the Big Shot Station, with the die cuts organised the same way as my stamps, and my "bits of paper" stored in rainbow colour ordered folders right at hand. The embossing folders couldn't fit on the space, so they are in the blue box on the cutting table only an arm's reach away.


Then we come to my specially made to measure wood stamp storage. I took all my firm favourites and go-to stamps, laid them out to calculate how many shelves and what size I needed. The rest of my wood stamps are still stored in the next room on similar shelves there (which have since been painted white). Spot any of your favourites in here?


I like to have things within reach as much as possible so I have the supplies I use most within arm's reach. Stamps are behind my chair in the pink and blue boxes; inks at my left; tools (distress sponges, acrylic blocks, scissors, paintbrushes, spray bottles, glossy accents, wink of stella) on my right. 


Because I couldn't be bothered to dig in drawers or containers for my inks, I used my Silhouette to make my ink drawer system. So so handy.


The half-circle handles are actually inked up with each ink so I know exactly what colour I'm getting. I created them on silhouette using the print and cut options to print the name and then inked afterwards.



My distress inks are ready to hand too, but my pigment inks are in a tupperware in a drawer next to me : have to protect them from the heat and humidity that we have here. I have thrown out quite a few as the colour seems to separate from the "oil" so it looks like you have the colour on your stamp, but all that goes on the paper is oil.



I didn’t make a card for this week's challenge at CASology : Coffee. I’ve had a hectic week … and I’m more a tea person than coffee. The French & Indian & Creole influence on food here means we don’t have the same coffee fixation as in the States.   No Starbucks here. (I love this Ellen Degeneres coverage of the same subject).

I've made a card inspired by Deidre as I loved the colour combination. I turned it into a Z-fold card.


And when it is opened ... and I'll add a sentiment when I know who the recipient will be.



I will enter it to ...

... Less is More : Spiders or Insect Challenge

... Addicted to CAS : Anything Goes Challenge 




9 comments:

  1. What a great crafting space you have organized. Thanks for sharing it. Your card is delightful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so envious of your craft space. So bright, it really does look like a happy place to be. And your card is beautiful, that Altenew set is on my wishlist and it looks wonderful here in the blue/green palette.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab craft space, and so interesting to know about the effects of different climate on supplies. That must be quite frustrating with pigment inks. Beautiful card! I love the fresh green and blue palette and eye catching card shape. It's a very pretty effect. Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Janet I came to look at your space (and I love it!) but THAT CARD! WOW! I'm speechless and that rarely happens! So glad CASology chose you as our guest (and that I have that stamp set! lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love your crafting space! The shading on the card is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    Emma - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing a peek at your stampin area... I'm totally jealous of all your space! Your Z fold card is really gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous card, Janet! Such a beautiful color palette and I love that you used the Z-Fold for your design...it really enhances the images!
    Your studio is fabulous! So bright and big, and I love your new vinyl words...they're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.... I love your craft room :) so neat and tidy! Your card is beautiful and lovely, Janet. Thank you so much for playing along with Addicted to Stamps #216 Anything Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely place to create and share!!! Thank you for sharing your space and some great organization ideas! I too like things within arm's reach and it looks like you've got things arranged so nicely for that!
    Your card is so pretty! What a neat fold!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails