Monday 15 July 2013

Art Journal 2

On to page 2 of my art journal. This has a mini page in the middle.

"I pray that out of his glorious riches 
he may strengthen you with power
through his Spirit in your inner being"

The parts of the verse that I wanted to develop were the "glorious riches" and the "spirit". The colours ... Riches are gold, and spirit is like the wind - so blue. Added some flourish stamping to give the movement. I used Scattered Straw distress stains mixed with lots of gold Perfect pearls to drip down across the yellow page. I stamped the crown in yellow, then swiped over the whole image with Tarnished Brass Distress Stains, then once it was dry, restamped in Black ink and embossed. 

The Dove was embossed with Blue Pearl embossing powder which gives it a lovely nacre look.




You can see a glimmer of the pearl embossing on the tail of the dove.

As you can see, this ink would not dry! Still need to add something to the small yellow side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails